The AGREA Communications Associate focuses on assisting the development and implementation of AGREA’s communications plan which includes online activities and is responsible for helping manage the public relations aspect within and outside the organization. The associate helps build and sustain AGREA's reputation for integrity, quality, reliability, and customers, stakeholders, and partners satisfaction.
Corporate Position:Communications Associate
Reports to:Director of Rapport and Communications
- This is a fast-paced job, so be ready to create, update, and release all sorts of social media and website content (such as blogs, news articles, images, graphics, videos, etc.) on tight deadlines
- Collaborates with the Director of Rapport and Communications in developing and implementing communications strategies that will broaden AGREA’s programmatic reach and deepen impact
- Assists in managing AGREA’s social media platforms and website
- The Communications Associate is the resident interviewer and note-taker for all things newsworthy, and is usually the author of press releases and articles
- The Communications Associate is also an extra hand in conducting AGREA events
- Helps build and sustain AGREA's reputation for integrity, quality, reliability, and customers, stakeholders, and partners
- Implement publications such as newsletters, releases, email announcements, planned publications, online, intranet, video, special projects and assignments.
- Creates visuals using online tools and software applications
- Collaborates with the Director of Rapport and Communications and other department heads in conceptualizing, developing, researching, and implementing narratives aligned with AGREA’s vision, mission, goals, and objectives
- Execute branding initiatives, internal communications and external media relations
- Assists in managing organizational response to inquiries about AGREA
You should possess these personal traits:
- Team Player: You're able to listen, communicate, and work with different people.
- Trustworthy: You are known for your personal integrity and honesty.
- Detail Oriented: You pay close attention to all the little details.
- Must be creative and understand AGREA’s existing communications architecture
- Must have a degree in communications, development studies, public relations, media relations, or any related field
- Design skills and concepts, experience in news writing and publication, graphic design, and skills in communication and PR are ideal requisites for the position
- Good verbal, written, & presentation skills
- Highly organized, attention to detail, and results-oriented
- Skill set includes knowledge in Microsoft Office applications; image and graphics design software such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, or any equivalent software; and knowledge with any video editing software
- Knows how to use a digital camera
- Must have a laptop with editing (photo, video, text) software.
For interested applicants, please submit your comprehensive 1-page resumé plus a cover letter to email@example.com.