The AGREA Development Communications Intern applies communication in development initiatives with the aim of becoming a high-caliber communication professional in the future. He/she focuses on assisting the development and implementation of AGREA’s communications plan that includes online activities and is responsible for helping manage the public relations aspect within and outside the organization. He/she helps build and sustain AGREA's reputation for integrity, quality, reliability, and customers, stakeholders, and partners satisfaction.
Position:Development Communication Intern
Direct Report: Rapport and Communications Director
Department Assigned: Rapport and Communications
Work Hours: Minimum of 200 hours
Number of Open Positions:Two (2)
Assignment Location: Marinduque, Philippines
- This is a fast-paced job, so be ready to create, send, update, copy-read, and release all sorts of content (online such as social media and website write-ups, events-related communication, graphics, videos, etc.) on tight deadlines.
- The Development Communication Intern is the resident interviewer and note-taker for all things newsworthy, and is usually the author of press releases and articles. He/she is also an extra hand in handling events.
- Must be a good writer who loves to meet new people. This is a great jumping off place if the applicant is interested in moving into public relations, advertising, journalism, or marketing, since you’ll hone your writing, public address and interviewing skills.
- Creates visuals using online tools and software applications.
- Directly collaborates with the Rapport and Communications team in order to conceptualize, develop, research, and implement narratives that are aligned with the company’s vision, mission, goals and objective as an innovative social enterprise.
You should share these traits:
- Team Player: You're able to listen, communicate, and work with tons of different people.
- Trustworthy: You are known for your personal integrity and honesty.
- Detail Oriented: You pay close attention to all the little details.
- Must be creative and understand AGREA’s existing communication architecture.
- Design skills and concepts are ideal requisites for the position.
- A student or graduate of any college program focusing on communication, development studies, public or media relations, or any related field.
- Experience in school paper content writing and publication, graphic design, skills in communication and/or PR is an ideal requisite for the position.
- Good verbal, written, & presentation skills
- Highly organized, attention to detail, and results-oriented
- Skill set must include knowledge in MS Office applications, image and graphics design software such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, or any equivalent software, and knowledge with any video editing software.
- Must have a digital camera and knows how to use it.
- Must have a laptop with editing (photo, video, text) software.
- Comprehensive 1-page resume, and
- Cover Letter addressed to Ms. Cherrie D. Atilano, President and CEO, AGREA International.
REQUIREMENTS FOR SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS
Complete and submit the following requirements to AGREA only when the Recruiting Specialist advises you to do so:
- Endorsement Letter signed by your Dean or Head of Department addressed to
Ms. Cherrie D. Atilano, President and CEO, AGREA Agricultural Systems International, Inc.,
- Scan copy of School Registration Form (List of subjects for the semester),
- Certificate of Good Moral Character issued by the school (signed by the Dean, Guidance Counselor or Head of Student Affairs),
- Copy of Medical Certificate / Fit-to-Work Certificate.
- Pursuant to the provisions of CHED Memorandum Order 23, Series of 2009, “Guidelines for Student Internship Program in the Philippines (SIPP) for All Programs with Practicum Subject”, AGREA would be happy to enter into a Memorandum of Understanding as a partner Host Training Establishment (HTE) with your school.
For interested applicants, please submit your comprehensive 1-page resumé plus a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.