The AGREA Social Programs Intern will work under the supervision of the Associate Director of Social Programs (SPD). He or she will engage directly with the AGREA partner communities. He or she will conduct field visits, community profiling, and monitoring of social programs under SPD.
Corporate Position: Social Programs Intern
Direct Report: Associate Director of Social Programs
Slots Available:Five (5)
Work Hours: 200 hrs minimum, with a possibility of extension
Assignment Location:Marinduque, Philippines
- Assist in the formulation and subsequent implementation of the programs under the Social Programs Division of AGREA
- Provide assistance in monitoring the implementation of agri-based programs
- Prepare consolidated reports and documentation relative to the implementation
- Make initial drafts of proposals specifying the training design, budget, and monitoring mechanism
- Facilitate and document the conduct of the capacity building interventions with AGREA- partner farming communities
- Prepare/draft communications for partners and other necessary documents relative to the implementation of program/s under SDP
- A student or graduate of BS Social Work, Community Development, or any social science-related degree program
- Has an understanding/knowledge of the different processes of community organizing
- Good community relation skills to promote social integration within the community
- Experience in doing community organizing, conducting training/capacity buildings, or monitoring and evaluation of social programs
- Willing to travel and be based to farming communities within Marinduque
- Marinduque residents are preferred
THE APPLICANT MUST SHARE THESE TRAITS
- Team player.You are able to listen, communicate, and work with tons of different people
- Trustworthy. You are known for your personal integrity and honesty
- Empathy. Must possess empathy and is bias for the poor and the marginalized
- Multi-tasking skills
- Highly Objective. You value objectivity with your data.
- Logical. Understand the logic behind observations and theories through scientific evidence.
For interested applicants, please submit your comprehensive 1-page resumé plus a cover letter firstname.lastname@example.org.