BOAC, MARINDUQUE. AGREA Farm School and Assessment Center now offers short-term scholarships in two organic agriculture competencies: Producing Organic Fertilizers and Raising Organic Small Ruminants under the Special Training for Employment Program (or STEP) of the Technical Education and Skills Development Authority (TESDA).
This new offering at the AGREA Farm School for October to November 2019 intake is made possible by the TESDA Provincial Office in Marinduque and the Office of Marinduque Representative, Congressman Lord Allan Jay Velasco.
STEP is a community-based specialty training program that addresses the specific skills needs of the communities in the informal sector and promote employment, particularly through entrepreneurial, self-employment, and service-oriented activities.
RELATED READ: TESDA Scholarship and Student Assistance Programs
Its objective is to provide skills and training opportunities for the beneficiaries in the barangays and communities to make them employable and productive.
Short Courses offered at the AGREA Farm School
TESDA and AGREA opens 110 slots for Marinduque-based beneficiaries.
Under STEP, the training programs offered at the AGREA Farm School are generally short-term ranging from 6 to 11 days. The offered programs and their respective number of scholarship slots are:
- “Producing Organic Fertilizers” (60 slots) leading to Organic Agriculture Production NC II – 5 days hands-on training plus 1-day training in Entrepreneurship. Topics include bokashi production and vermicomposting, among others.
- “Raising Organic Small Ruminants” (50 slots) leading to Organic Agriculture Production NC II – 10 days hands-on training plus 1-day training in Entrepreneurship. Examples of small ruminants are goats and sheep.
“’Producing Organic Fertilizers’ and ‘Raising Organic Small Ruminants’ are competencies included in the 29-day full Organic Agriculture Production training course that leads to a National Certification II,”explained Rafael Seño, Training Director at the AGREA Farm School.
He added, “Successful graduates of these short courses may choose to take the full training course in the future without retaking what they already went through”.
Integration of agribusiness in the offered courses
Aside from the immersive organic farming training, beneficiaries are also entitled to a 1-day training in Entrepreneurship.
“Our one-day Entrepreneurship Training teaches very important agribusiness topics such as Farm Business Management, Assessing Market Opportunities, Marketing, Pricing, Supply Chains, and Production Programming, among others,” said Mr Seño.
The scholars are entitled to training allowance and starter toolkits.
Qualifications of Beneficiaries
- Filipino Citizen;
- At least fifteen (15) years old at the start of the training program;
- Prospective beneficiaries from industries, communities, and the special clients such as but not limited to: indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, senior citizens, returnees.
- Must not be a current beneficiary of other government educational scholarship or subsidy program for beneficiaries.
- Must be 15 years old and above at the time of application;
- Photocopy of Birth Certificate;
- Photocopy of Medical Certificate;
- Photocopy of Barangay Clearance;
- Photocopy of any government-issued ID/school ID (if available);
- Photocopy of Transcript of Records/Form 137 (if available);
- 5 pcs Passport size picture with collar (white background); and
- 5 pcs 1x1 size picture with collar (white background).
The AGREA Farm School in Marinduque
In 2018 alone, the school accumulated a total of 31,088 training hours in the same course and produced 134 graduates. The school also boasts a national competency certification passing rate of 99.25%.
READ REPORT: AGREA Farm School Engagement Summary 2018
For more inquiries and to apply for a scholarship slot, visit the AGREA Farm School at the AGREA Farm Estate, Barangay Cawit, Boac, Marinduque. You may also call/text Sun Cellular 0933 824-6020, Globe 0917 888-6505, M-F Office hours 9AM-5PM and look for Lorie Licop, Mary Claire Limpiada, or Rafael Seño. You may also send an email to email@example.com