BOAC, MARINDUQUE. Torrijos Poblacion School of Arts and Trades (TPSAT) currently holds Trainers Methodology Level I (TM1) training at the AGREA Farm School in Barangay Cawit of this municipality.
TPSAT has secured funding from the TESDA Regional Office for the training of fifty (50) Marinduque-based participants upon request of the Marinduque Technical Vocational Institutions Association whose members come from both public and private tech-voc institutions in the province.
“This TM1 training, assessment, and certification prepares future tech-voc trainers in Marinduque,” said TPSAT Administrator Rosarie Paras.
Training the trainers, assessors
TM1 consists of competencies a TVET (Technical and Vocational Education and Training) trainer or assessor must achieve, such as plan training sessions, facilitate learning sessions, supervise work-based learning, conduct competency assessment, maintain training facilities and utilize electronic media in facilitating training.
A person who has achieved this qualification is competent to be a TVET Trainer, Technical Trainer, Training Facilitator/Coordinator, and/or a Competency Assessor.
- Enrolment Now Open: AGREA Farm School 2019 Admission
- New TESDA scholarship guidelines seek to ensure livelihood of beneficiaries
- Marinduque now has local-based organic farming assessors
Marinduque-based tech-voc institutions
Aside from two government-operated technical schools in Marinduque, namely TPSAT in Torrijos and Buyabod School of Arts and Trades (BSAT) in Sta. Cruz, there are currently nine TESDA-accredited technical-vocational private schools in the province:
- AGREA Agricultural Communities International Foundation, Inc.;
- DMDC Farm;
- Marinduque Manpower and Trade Skills Institute, Inc. (MMTSI);
- Marinduque Technical and Vocational Institute (MTVI);
- Marinduque Technical Training Center (MTTCI);
- Moriones Training School, Inc.;
- Santa Cruz Institute (SCI);
- Everbright International Academy, Inc.; and
- Mogpog International Culinary School, Inc. (MICS).
For a list of TESDA-accredited tech-voc courses offered in Marinduque and their corresponding scholarship requirements, contact the TESDA Provincial Office through landline (042)332-0231, mobile (0995)784-7296, or email email@example.com.